Thursday 15 September 2011

Research- Mood board

Gathering reference images

Now that I had a few ideas in my head I decided to gather a collection of reference pictures, this is a technique I often use when attempting to get a clear grasp of what I want and turn ideas into something more cohesive and focused. I first went to Google, because they have a powerful and easy to use search engine.


Unfortunately Google image search didn't turn up a large amount of images that matched the ideas I had, despite a number of different search queries/settings.
So instead I turned to Deviantart, I hoped they would have more of the kind or images I was looking for rather than the promotional material Google search tended to show.


Mood-board

After finding a good selection of images I chose to make a mood-board, with the various ideas I was forming and the feel I was attempting to achieve I felt it would be a good way to collate what I had, plus it would give a clear indication of what I was trying to achieve.



I created the mood-board in a program called Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) a free to use, open source image editing software.


No comments:

Post a Comment