Thursday 10 November 2011

Digipack - research and planning

I started researching into digi packs designs for my chosen genre with a simple google search, I managed to find these images which showed the content which bands of a similar genre used in thier digipaks. these also were similar to the feel of the song and the band which I am already building in relation to the music video, and the images I had already located for my mood board.
North (Ltd.Ed) (Digipak)





Image






I also searched for similar bands on amazon and looked at the designs of their album covers and digipacks, the bands I looked at were sigur ros, mogwai which I had identified through using last fm and also nirvana




This Bread Is Mine (Ltd. Digipak)
Takk


NowhereLift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will


One of the motifs I noticed with rock digipaks, is that the images used contain a spread of traditional art, paintings and drawings and also photographs. so for my digipak I decided to not only include photographs of the band but also to include drawings and traditional art as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment